Do You Suspect Hypothyroidism, Yet Medical Tests Keep Denying It?
Welcome to the home page of Peter de Ruyter's "Holistic Approaches to Hypothyroidism".
Here you'll find a much broader perspective on the subject of under active thyroid problems, exploring ideas that go way beyond, yet complementing what modern medicine offers on this topic.
Some questions you might like to ask yourself...
• Are you already being treated for low thyroid, or hypothyroid disease, yet continue feeling unwell?
• Or did you initially improve on the thyroid medication your doctor gave you, but then started sliding backwards again, despite repeated increases in the dose of those meds?
• Or do all your blood tests keep coming back as 'normal', yet you still feel unwell?
• Is your energy at an all-time low, with you feeling constantly tired for no apparent reason that medical testing can detect?
• Have you been experiencing weight gain lately, which won't budge despite endless diets and exercise regimes?
• Is getting pregnant just not happening for you, despite undertaking many treatment options, or are you having repeated miscarriage difficulties?
• Have you been diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome, but you don't wish to take the medical hormone therapy?
• Is dry skin more of a reality lately, or are you experiencing problems such as eczema or psoriasis?
• Perhaps you've noticed your hair falling out recently – particularly if you're a woman?
• If you're diabetic are the doctors finding it difficult to keep your blood sugar levels stable, despite being on meds?
• Or are you experiencing more frequent colds and flus; depression; constipation; cramps; fungal infections, or atrial fibrillation (heart palpitations), which have been difficult to stabilize medically?
• Are you having more memory problems, making you fear it may be early-onset dementia?
• Are you experiencing an anxiety attack or panic attack on a more regular, daily basis?
• Do you suffer from any autoimmune diseases; chronic fatigue syndrome or fibromyalgia?
• Are your cholesterol levels difficult to stabilize, despite a good diet or medications?
• Do you experience cold hands, or have a strong cold intolerance even in relatively warm weather?
• If you're a man, do you suffer from erectile dysfunction or low libido?
• Do health issues like gallstones or herpes keep coming back and plaguing your life?
Have you been to many doctors; had barrages of blood tests done, yet keep being told that 'everything is normal'.
Well, you certainly wouldn't be alone in having had to go through that surprisingly common, but unfortunate experience'!
Above are just some of the common symptoms of hypothyroidism, or an underactive thyroid.
Can Hypothyroidism Really Be The Cause Of So Many Symptoms?
But you may be thinking... 'how is it possible that so many diverse symptoms can all relate back to a sluggish thyroid – especially when the regular blood tests don’t validate such a conclusion'?
On this site, you'll discover quite a number of surprising, yet scientifically-based answers to that question.
Each webpage on 'holistic-hypothyroidism-solutions.com' will provide you with a deeper understanding of the many layers involved in why you may be experiencing poor thyroid function.
The answers you'll discover go way beyond the simplistic medical answer of... 'your thyroid gland isn't producing enough hormone', or... 'you're not taking enough iodine'.
Unfortunately, that naive approach provides for a minimalistic treatment solution, which is... 'you just need some thyroid hormone or iodine replacement'. End of story!
What Will This Site Offer You?
So, exactly what is hypothyroidism, and what are the most common causes of an underactive thyroid? Is living with poor thyroid function something that you can achieve?
'Knowledge is Power', and on this site you'll learn more about low thyroid function as you explore a far broader definition of hypothyroidism, as well as alternative ways of diagnosing a low thyroid condition.
This will give you a far better understanding of why the present medical model of diagnosis and therapy may not be working as well for you as it should be.
Simply choose a category as listed to the left or further down below, and start empowering yourself with lots of interesting information.
Enjoy the Journey, and may it help you reclaim the full health you’re entitled to!
You might like to take a quick and simple, self-assessment thyroid quiz, which can help determine whether you really do have thyroid problems or not.
"Knowledge empowers; intuition guides – both are needed to succeed in Life's Journey"
Please note that this is a recently launched site (May 2012), with much more information to be added.
If some of the links haven't yet been activated, but you're interested in a particular topic, and would like to be advised when that information is uploaded, then do fill out the 'Contact Form' below, and you'll be advised of each new update to this site's ever-increasing amount of self-empowering information.
Please note that all information on this site is strictly protected by every aspect of Universal Copyright.
Please Also Note:
No part of any information shared on this site, via its web-pages, eBooks or articles is intended as a form of diagnosis or prescription on physical, mental or emotional levels.
If you decide to instigate change in your present therapeutic regime, after reading any content on this site, its web-pages or articles, then it is imperative you also seek out the professional services of an appropriate specialist – either natural or medical – for further expert advice.
My intent as author of this site, its eBooks or articles, is solely to provide information of an educational nature.
No responsibility can be accepted by me for your actions or their consequences, in the event you use any information from these sources with which to change your life in any manner whatsoever.